UBE Group Environmental and Safety Guidelines
We have made it our shared value to prioritize safety in everything we do. This includes ensuring safety and security in the workplace and in local communities, and conserving the global environment.
- We will secure healthy, safe and comfortable working conditions, aiming to eliminate occupational accidents.
- We will ensure the safety and security of facilities and operations, aiming to eliminate facilities accidents.
- We will reduce our emissions of waste and chemical substances, and contribute to establishing a recycling-based society by recycling and effectively using resources.
- We will voluntarily and continuously work to address global environmental issues in order to contribute to a sustainable society.
- We will strive to maintain and improve the health of working persons, who give vitality to society and corporations.
Environmental and Safety Organization
Policies and measures relating to such environmental safety components as occupational safety and health, process safety and disaster prevention, environmental preservation, and environmental issues are key management issues. The President and CEO chairs the Group Strategic Management Meeting (Environment and Safety), which deliberates and decides on these issues. The meeting also serves as a process safety headquarters prescribed in a ministerial order relating to high-pressure gas safety (HPGS), discussing and determining important matters relating to process safety at certified sites for high-pressure gas.
Environmental Safety Measures
We implement PDCA cycles based on our environmental and safety measures to constantly improve efforts relating to occupational safety and health, process safety and disaster prevention, environmental preservation, and environmental issues. The Outline of Environment and Safety Activities on pages 1–2 of the 2022 Integrated Report Supplementary Information (Environment and Safety) presents our environmental safety activity plans and achievements.
Environmental and Safety Activities
Details and data for environment and safety activities are presented in the Integrated Report 2022 and the Integrated Report 2022 Supplementary Information (Environment and Safety).