About the Company
- Q : When was UBE established?
A : UBE originated from the establishment of the Okinoyama Coal Mine in 1897 to develop coalfields in the Ube region of Yamaguchi Prefecture in Japan. In 1942, UBE Corporation was established through the merger of four entities: the Okinoyama Coal Mine, UBE Shinkawa Iron Works, UBE Cement Production, Ltd., and UBE Nitrogen Industry, Ltd.
Click here for the corporate history.
- Q : What is UBE's capital stock?
- A : The capital stock is ¥58.4 billion (as of March 31, 2023).
- Q : What business segments is UBE involved in?
A : Our main business segment is chemicals, in addition to the segment of Machinery.
Click here for an overview of our businesses. Learn more about our products here.
- Q : Which stock exchanges is UBE listed with?
- A : UBE is listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange and Fukuoka Stock Exchange.
- Q : What is your securities code?
- A : Our securities code is 4208.
- Q : How large are your share units?
- A : The share unit is 100 shares.
- Q : What is UBE's basic policy of the return to shareholders and dividend?
A : UBE recognizes that it has a primary responsibility to pay dividends to shareholders, and has made it a basic policy to pay dividends in accordance with Company earnings.
Click here for the shareholder dividends.
- Q : Which institutions handle administrative processing for UBE shares?
- With the digitization of stock certificates, administrative procedures such as shareholder address changes and purchase requests are now handled by an account management institution, such as the securities company with which you have an account. Please contact them directly. The transfer agent and share registrar (Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking Corporation) does not handle such requests.
- For administrative procedures related to stocks that are registered to a special account, the designated account management institution is Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking Corporation. Administrative procedures can be handled at any branch of the Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking Corporation in Japan.
- If you have not received your dividend, please contact any branch of the Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking Corporation to obtain your dividend payment.
- Q : When does your fiscal year end?
- A : The fiscal year ends on March 31.
- Q : Where do I find UBE's latest earnings information?
- A : Quarterly earnings reports can be found here. Consolidated financial data for the last 10 years can be found here. You can also download an Excel spreadsheet covering data for the last 10 years.
- Q : How do I obtain an integrated report?
- A : You can download our Integrated Report here. If you wish to receive a copy in the mail, click here.
About Our Management
- Q : What are the critical management challenges facing UBE?
- A : The critical management challenges facing UBE are described in our medium-term management plan, available here.
- Q : Which performance indicators does UBE emphasize?
- A : UBE emphasizes various performance indicators including return on sales, return on assets (ROA), and return on equity (ROE).
- Q : What is UBE's framework for corporate governance?
A : UBE has not migrated to a committee management system, but has had a system for executive officers in place since fiscal 2001 to separate the supervision of management from execution of business. In addition, the Company has appointed outside directors since fiscal 2005, and employs a Nominating Committee and an Evaluation and Compensation Committee that report to the Board. These changes were made in an effort to secure the objectivity and transparency of management.
Click here for the corporate governance.
- Q : How does UBE secure compliance?
A : UBE has long placed a management priority on compliance. In March 2003, we appointed a Compliance Officer to further strengthen compliance, and formed a Compliance Committee. We also operate a direct hotline for directors and employees to report compliance issues, as part of our efforts to rapidly identify and address compliance risks.
Click here for the basic policy on compliance.